My name is Samm and I am a Hetalia. blog. STATUS: Semi-Haitus ( I may be on occasionally but will be back officially with a queue on my birthday, Sept. 18) REASON: Transitioning to a new residential school and swim team prac everyday and study hours ( 2hrs every wkday). But still feel free to enjoy my blog
You know whats fucking scary? The fact that I could literally change my life at any moment. I could stop talking to everyone that makes me unhappy. I could kiss whoever i want. I could shave my head or get on a plane or take my own life. Nothing is stopping me. The entire world is in my hands, and I have no idea what to do with it.
|Anonymous said: Can you give me any tips for highschool? I was stressed out last year enough to scare my teachers and I don't want that to happen again. And I know after high school theres college and thats even more stress full.I'm planning to take mostly AP classes is there any way to manage the work?|
youve come to the right place, honey, i am someone who took 6 ap classes my senior year of high school. (at the end i will talk about college)
so, youre gonna take mostly ap classes !! bravo honey !! ap classes (though most of the time students are put in them bc of their parents) are a wonderful way to challenge your academic abilities through a higher form of study which are at a mock-college level. here is tumbler user nedleee’s declassified school survival guide: high school edition, ap volume
1. DO NOT PROCRASTINATE. this is the golden rule. tattoo this to your fucking arm, okay !! procrastination is the number one cause of stress and panic among students, especially ap students. let me tell you my personal experience with it: david gave us a project during spring break, it was due one week after spring break, i didnt do it until the night before. erica gave us a BIG art timeline project, i procrastinated until the thrursday before the due date which was a friday: i did not sleep at all, i was sluggish and half-dead all day. this is what killed me during my last two years of high school, and i am sure if i didnt procrastinate, i’d have much higher grades !!
2. Time Management. This is quite literally the most important, and most overlooked, part of an ap student’s life. ap classes can have two extremes: generally have more homework than regular, or, no homework at all. I suggest getting a notebook planner (none of that digital shit, tho, bc writing it down helps the brain remember it and add a greater sense of importance to it), and writing down all of your assignments, due dates, bell schedules, etc. Manage your time in order to make sure you have sufficient amounts of time for each thing, while making time for yourself and social stuff and rest and eating. DO NOT: do all of a big assignment all at once (ie: reading a book, an essay, etc), because this leads to the assignment being sloppy, inadequate, rushed, and you might learn something later on and think “damn, i should have put that in there.” It is much better to allot your time and assignment so that you do a little bit each day up until the day its due, that way it’s more structured, organized, and will have the sufficient information.
3. Extra Curricular: This goes along with time management, my advice is this: dont. I always always suggest people do their extra curriculars during your first two years. Unless you can manage your time to the point where you can go to a club, a sport, or a job, I wouldnt really recommend it because it can deprive you of down time and rest. The body and mind needs rest in order to function well, and to be able to perform better academically. Youre better off studying all semester responsibly and adequately rather than cramming and pulling an all nighter the day before a final.
4. Take the Advantages. If the teacher offers extra credit, TAKE IT. If the teacher offers a re-take on a test: TAKE IT. If the teacher offers a tutoring session: TAKE IT. And please, for the love of all that is pink and frilly, if you do not understand something or are troubled, ask the teacher for help. Pull them aside and say “Can I talk to you after school for some help.” Chances are, they will help and will do their best to. I know we can be shy, we can feel our hearts beat and our palms sweat and think that theyre gonna think we’re dumb and dont know how to pay attention, but dude, do it. I know, when I walked up to david for the first time and asked him to help me on my essay, i was nervous, i was scared, i had trouble talking and babbled out “I need help on this.” I went after school with him, he broke it down for me, reassured me and basically made me feel more comfortable about my essay writing. And this goes a long way. I can easily say that that was one of the main reasons i was able to make such an outstanding essay to the point where he even said that it is the best final project he has ever received.
5. AP Tests: They are scary, yes they are. Make sure you eat a good meal before hand, relax, and do your best. Let me tell you what erica, cindy, and david told us, “if you dont know it by now, there’s really nothing else I can do.” sounds harsh, but theyre right. Think about it this way, you go to bootcamp. You train all those weeks, months, etc. all for the big day when they assess your strength and ability. Youre not gonna just hyper-exercise for three days before the big day, no. That’s ridiculous. Youre just gonna be very tired, sore, and unable to do good on the big day. What will make you do good, is making sure youre trying hard every single ay and training yourself well all throughout the time at bootcamp. It’s the same thing for an ap class. Mike Wazowski it all year long, study every day, do your works, etc, and you should be fine. If you need to, retouch on some subjects you remember struggling on previously in the class. As for AP Test Study books, yeah theyre okay, but I feel it is better to rely on what youve done throughout the year. Bc ap tests of all types all have one thing in common: it’s about analysis and application, not solid memorized information. You may disagree and say “oh, but ned, you gotta remember shit for ap art history, nah?” Nahhh. Yea, there is always memorization involved, but let’s say I see a painting on my art hist test and i have nEVER ever seen it. I can say, hmmm, well, the lighting in this looks carravagist, so it is from the Baroque period !! There is no religious symbolism in it, so it is Dutch Baroque, not Italian Baroque. Who was a famous dutch/flemish baroque painter? Rembrandt. HEY! LOOK AT ME !! I ANALYSED A PAINTING AND ANSWERED THE QUESTIONS CORRECTLY EVEN THOUGH I DIDNT KNOW THE PAINTING. WOW !!
6. Sentimental shit: I know it’s hard. Trust me, I’ve been there. I’ve taken 10 ap classes. Ive struggled a lot, and I have had instances in which my personal life made things ten times harder. I’ve stayed up late at night crying, ready to give up, ready to kick the bucket and just struggling. Ive cried at least 6 times in my ap chem class. ive lost days of sleep bc of ap art history and us history. BUT YOU HAVE TO KEEP ON GOING. JUST FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DO NOT GIVE UP ON ME, CHAMP. I know youre gonna cry, youre gonna get mad, youre gonna fall, I KNOW. I know we each have differences that make life harder for us, whether its poverty, domestic abuse, mental/physical illness, low self esteems, family problems, death, etc, but i know im gonna sound like a total douche, but thats life. life is not gonna be served to us on a silver platter, its not always gonna cover your eyes and walk you through things, we cannot avoid everything, no matter how much we want to. life is gonna kick us in the ass. but you have to take this in stride. remember your little victories, youre outstanding performances, the fact that you will sHINE. You know that piece of paper that your principal is gonna give you at the end of those four years. yea. Thats what its gonna be. That paper is not just a paper saying “hey~ generic high school kid, you made it lmao” it is saying “You know what, champ, you fucking did it. You fucking did it. All those nights you spent along in your room crying while doing an essay and marina and the diamonds was on repeat on your ipod, it was fucking worth it. youre here, the bulk is over !! colleges are practically on the floor BEGGING you to go there. you did your best, and you fucking made it. I’m proud of you.” And you know who is gonna be saying all that? You. Because throughout all this, you were your greatest ally.
AND NOW COLLEGE: this is what I observed from college so far. It’s one million times better than high school. Why? BECAUSE YOURE ALREADY HERE, AYYYY. Something that I loved about what college does, at least mine, is that they say, yes, learning is important and all, but you have to have fun and relax and enjoy yourself. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. SO GO OUT AND PLAY JACK. STUDY NOW, PARTY LATER.
And from what I’ve learned is that, the bulk of the people who suffer in college, and it pains me to say this (and it makes me look like a douche) brought this upon themselves. They were the ones that decided, Nah, im not gonna study right now. Nah, Im just gonna chill in my dorm and do nothing. Nah, Im not gonna take advantage of office hours and not ask my prof for help. Nah, im not gonna go to that cool concert on campus. Nah, nah, nah, NAH. stfu, get involved, have fun, take advantage. Dude, youre an adult know, have fun. And studies do show that students who get involved and bond with their profs do much better and have much higher gpas than those who dont.
Apply for your scholarships, buddy, dont be like me and apply for none. (Though I was lucky to get a 15,000 cal grant and the chancellor’s scholarship via recommendation, as well as a few pell grants).
Stress is gonna come, its inevitable, but if you manage your time wisely, understand why youre doing all this, and keep your goals in mind. You wanna know what mine is? To become financially successful. My motive: i grew up with a family that is “well-off” but financially strained. We’ve had eviction scares, everyday my dad half-heartedly thanks the lord that our insurance covers almost everything bc if it didnt, we’d be done, my mom and dad had to sell their wedding rings, and we move so often.
Get your goals, get organized, and go hard, but dont go home.
You can do it, champ, I know you can.
when i see this fucker right. here.
and I slowly realize…
besides a black wig, I’m cosplaying this asshole right. fuckin. now.
first cosplay done!
i gues dreamz do cum tru.
So glad his dreams came true :D